Jewellery & Gem ASIA Hong Kong rescheduled to 26 – 29 November 2020 at AsiaWorld-Expo
Dear Valued Exhibitors, Visitors and Industry Professionals,
As the international community works tirelessly to contain and prevent the spread of COVID-19, our hearts go out to those who have been directly affected by the outbreak. In addition, Jewellery & Gem ASIA Hong Kong (JGA) is also making necessary adjustments to its business operations per the current climate.
Due to the travel restrictions impacting industry participation and COVID-19 concerns, we have made a difficult but necessary decision to reschedule the event from 25 – 28 June 2020 at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre (HKCEC) to 26 – 29 November 2020 at the AsiaWorld-Expo (AWE).
Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused by the postponement. However, we believe by securing these new dates towards the end of the year will allow the Jewellery community the opportunity to regather and capture last-minute opportunities just before the year-end peak season. We will continue to work collaboratively with all our partners to ensure that we will deliver the same level of engagement that everyone expects from our in-person events.
In addition, Jewellery & Gem ASIA Hong Kong’s rescheduling has inspired us to find creative ways to keep our partners – exhibitors, visitors, industry associations and vendors – connected with the global jewellery community from anywhere in the world. In the coming months, we will launch a virtual event complementing the offering of our physical shows and leveraging our powerful trading platform – JewelleryNet.
This online sourcing experience will give buyers free and unlimited access to the latest products and services of a wide range of suppliers, live webinar presentations and business matching opportunities. Stay tuned for more information on how you can benefit from this online event.
We thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate these unprecedented circumstances together.
In the meantime, let’s look out for each other, stay safe and always follow our community guidelines. We look forward to seeing you in Hong Kong!
While we are committed to delivering a productive and impactful sourcing event, the safety of our exhibitors, visitors and staff remains our No. 1 priority.
Jewellery & Gem ASIA Hong Kong and our show partners are prepared to implement enhanced safety measures onsite as recommended by health authorities, including the Departments of Health of Hong Kong and the World Health Organization (WHO), and monitor and assess all new developments pertaining to COVID-19. All these updates, including stepped-up preventive measures at the show venue, are posted on this resources page.
ENHANCED MEASURES ONSITE:
- Hand sanitising gel is readily available at Customer Service Counters and restaurants
- High-volume touchpoints such as door handles, escalator and staircase handrails, and lift panels will be disinfected every hour
- Floor mats at the main entrances will be sprayed with diluted bleach every two hours
- Tables and chairs will be disinfected twice a day
- Special rubbish bins for disposal of used face masks will be provided at exit points and offices
- All restrooms will be assigned with attendants to carry out on-going cleaning and disinfecting work
- Venue ventilation will be enhanced
- Temperature screenings at the show venue’s entrances will be conducted
- Temperature check for all staff members when reporting for duty every day is in place
- Temperature check for contractor employees at the contractor entrances will be in place
- All frontline staff members will be required to wear face masks
- Food handlers working in open kitchens and food concessions will be required to wear face masks
- Qualified first-aid personnel will be onsite throughout the event
- Attendees will be constantly reminded to maintain good personal hygiene practices
We encourage everyone to keep tabs on updates from the following resources with information on COVID-19:
The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
World Health Organization: Daily Situation Reports
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: What You Should Know
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Prevention and Treatment
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
An agency of the European Union
(Updated as of 23 June 2020)